"You'll Never Walk Alone" is a song composed by Richard Rogers, Oscar Hammerstein II and covered by Lana Del Rey for the Liverpool FC's documentary The End Of The Storm. It was released on December 4, 2020.
The song was originally composed in 1945 as a show tune for the Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical "Carousel". In 1963, the song was covered by British group Gerry and the Pacemakers, where it was then adopted by soccer team Liverpool F.C. for use as their anthem, with the title being used as the team's motto.
On November 3, 2020, Lana shared a video of herself singing the song a capella on Instagram.
The song was officially released on December 4, 2020, as part of the soundtrack for the documentary.
On December 7, 2020, a special vinyl release of the song was made available. Del Rey has stated on her Instagram account that "all proceeds from the sale of the vinyl will go to charity, via the Liverpool FC Foundation."
Regarding Lana's history with Liverpool FC, it is worth mentioning that she has already visited the Stadium at Anfield in 2013, where she wore the team's scarf and answered questions at the club's website.
You'll Never Walk Alone Limited Edition 7" Vinyl
- Oscar Hammerstein II — Author.
- Richard Rodgers — Composer.
- Lana Del Rey — Vocals.
- Brighton Festival Chorus — Additional Vocals.
- Budapest Scoring — Strings.
- Ruth McGinley — Piano.
- Adrian Bradbury — Cello.
- Andrew Simon McAllister — Producer, Associated Performer, Recording Arranger.
- Ben Mawson — Producer [Executive Producer].
- James Erskine — Producer [Executive Producer].
- James Morgan — Producer, Associated Performer, Recording Arranger.
- Juliette Pochin — Producer, Associated Performer, Recording Arranger.
- You'll Never Walk Alone. Wikipedia.
- Lana Del Rey singing the song acapella on her Instagram account.
- "Lana Del Rey is releasing a 7” vinyl of her ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ cover." December 1, 2020. Dazed Digital.
- Official Liverpool FC store page where the vinyl can be bought.
- Announcement of the vinyl release of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' on Instagram.
- Lana Del Rey visiting the Stadium and wearing a Liverpool FC's scarf, plus interview on the team's official website.