Background[edit | edit source]
On August 13, 2019, Del Rey shared the full poem on her Instagram account.
Cross-references[edit | edit source]
- Reference to "Bellevue".
- "The end" is also mentioned in "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing".
- The colour green is also mentioned in "Trash Magic" and "Beautiful People Beautiful Problems".
- The phrase "My life is sweet" also appears in "Radio" and "Without You"
- The colour blue is mentioned in many of Del Rey's songs, some of which are "Wild on You", "Old Money" and "God Knows I Tried".
- The colour yellow is also mentioned in "God Knows I Tried".
- Fire is also mentioned in "West Coast", "Freak", "Sad Girl" and "Off to the Races", indirectly mentioned in "Angels Forever".
- Lemonade is also mentioned in "Music to Watch Boys To", "Ultraviolence", "Trash Magic", "Dance for Money" and the unleaked song "Lemonade Motorcycle Heaven".
- "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" is a quote from the 1717 poem 'Eloisa to Abelard' by Alexander Pope.
- Bellevue is a neighborhood in Santa Rosa, California.
- 'Zimmermann' is a designer clothing chain store that sells dresses and shoes. There is one store on the Pacific Palisades, a place referenced in the poem "SportCruiser".
Poem[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.