"What happened when I left you" is a poem released by Lana Del Rey from her first poetry book Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass.
On August 13, 2019, Del Rey shared the full poem on her Instagram account.
- Reference to "Bellevue".
- "The end" is also mentioned in "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing".
- The colour green is also mentioned in "Trash Magic" and "Beautiful People Beautiful Problems".
- The phrase "My life is sweet" also appears in "Radio" and "Without You"
- The colour blue is mentioned in many of Del Rey's songs, some of which are "Wild on You", "Old Money" and "God Knows I Tried".
- The colour yellow is also mentioned in "God Knows I Tried".
- Fire is also mentioned in "West Coast", "Freak", "Sad Girl" and "Off to the Races", indirectly mentioned in "Angels Forever".
- Lemonade is also mentioned in "Music to Watch Boys To", "Ultraviolence", "Trash Magic", "Dance for Money" and the unleaked song "Lemonade Motorcycle Heaven".
- "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" is a quote from the 1717 poem 'Eloisa to Abelard' by Alexander Pope.
- Bellevue is a neighborhood in Santa Rosa, California.
- 'Zimmermann' is a designer clothing chain store that sells dresses and shoes. There is one store on the Pacific Palisades, a place referenced in the poem "SportCruiser".
Perfect petals punctuate the fabrics yellow blue
silver platters with strawberries strewn across the room
In Zimmerman with sandals on one summer dress to choose
dust specs lit by afternoon
My life is sweet like lemonade now there's no bitter fruit
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
no thought of you
My thoughts have changed
my voice is higher
now I'm over you
No flickering in my head movies
projected in Bellevue
Because I captured the mood of my wish fulfilled
and sailed to Xanadu
The grief that came in waves that rolled I navigated through
The fire from my wish as wind to future trip to Malibu
now everything I have is perfect
nothing much to do
just perfect florals
green embroidered chairs
one dress to choose