"Wait for Life" is an song by Emile Haynie featuring Lana Del Rey, written by Haynie, Del Rey and Thomas Bartlett. It is featured on Haynie's album We Fall, and was released as a promotional single on January 19, 2015.
On October, 2014, rumours circulated that Del Rey would be featured on an upcoming album from Haynie on a song called "Wait for Life". Later, on December 19, 2014, Haynie uploaded a snippet of the song through an Instagram video, which revealed track listing for the A side of a vinyl as "Falling Apart", "Falling Apart (Instrumental Reprise)" and "Wait for Life". The song was released on iTunes on January 19, 2015, alongside two other tracks from We Fall: "Falling Apart" (feat. Andrew Wyatt & Brian Wilson) and "A Kiss Goodbye" (feat. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sampha & Devonte Hynes).
During an interview by Haynie for The Fader, he stated that both him and Del Rey met in an afternoon for an Ultraviolence session but the two got talking about relationships instead, and spontaneously recorded a demo. 
"Wait for Life" was received positively among music critics. Gigie Hall of Collide cited the song as the stand out track from the album, saying: "The scope is cinematic, but the instrumentation hits close to home with some sliding lap string gold, rich tear-jerking strings and a bluesy piano progression that leaves you with the slightly queasy feeling that at any moment someone might come along and break your heart". Elie Shechet of The Muse described the track to have a feeling of lush nostalgia, a hint of twang, and a dollop of melodrama.
- The line "to put on that evening show" is similar to "let me put on a show for you" from "Yayo".
- Del Rey also describes herself "falling" in "Cherry".
- Del Rey sings about being lonely in "National Anthem" and "Last Girl on Earth".
- Working hard is also mentioned in "Swan Song".
- Album version — 4:52
- Instrumental version — 4:53
- Emile Haynie — Producer, Songwriter, All instruments except noted.
- Lana Del Rey — Songwriter, Vocals, Backing Vocals.
- Thomas 'Doveman' Bartlett — Songwriter, Piano, Mellotron.
- Larry Gold — Strings, Horns and Woodwinds.
- Jeff Bhasker — Mellotron Guitar.
- Greg Leisz — Pedal Steel Guitar.
- HFA Songfile search lists Del Rey, Haynie and Bartlett as writers. (HFA Song Code: WV7HL1).
- Haynie, Emile. (2014). Video by emilehaynie. Instagram. [Access date December 19, 2014]