"The Other Woman" (not to be confused with "Other Woman") is a song written by Jessie Mae Robinson which was originally recorded by Sarah Vaughan, but it was popularized by Nina Simone and covered by Lana Del Rey. It was released on Del Rey's second major-label studio album Ultraviolence, and serves as the closing track for the standard edition of the album.
On March 19, 2011, Del Rey tweeted lyrics of the song, leading some fans to speculate whether the song would be covered in the future, which it was later confirmed to be true.
An early mix leaked on November 10, 2020.
In early 2022, the song went viral on TikTok, with hundreds of thousands of individual videos made using it, amassing millions of views.
- The title of the song is referenced in "Other Woman" and the monologue of the "Ride" music video.
- Curls are mentioned in "Fucked My Way Up to the Top", "Marilyn Monroe" and "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing".
- Perfume is also mentioned in "Video Games" and "Off to the Races".
- Album version — 3:01
- Instrumental version — 2:58
- Early mix – 3:01
- Jessie Mae Robinson — songwriting
- Lana Del Rey — vocals
- Dan Auerbach — production, synthesizer
- Collin Dupuis — engineering
- Robert Orton — mixing
- Nick Movshon — drums
- Leon Michaels — synthesizer, Mellotron, saxophone
- Kenny Vaughan — electric guitar
- Russ Pahl — pedal steel
- John Davis — mastering
- Mixed at Hot Rocks Studios
- Mastered at Metropolis Studios, London