"Text Book" is a song by Lana Del Rey, from her eighth studio album and seventh major-label studio album Blue Banisters. It was produced by Gabe Simon, Zach Dawes, and Dean Reid. It was released as a single on May 20, 2021 along with "Blue Banisters" and "Wildflower Wildfire".
- Lana refers to meeting Clayton Johnson at a BLM rally.
- Sean Larkin owned a Thunderbird, likely referring to him.
- Sean Larkin’s ex-wife is blonde (“Do you think if I go blonde we could get our old love back?” and “And then there was the issue of her. I didn't even like myself”)
- Dyeing hair blonde is also mentioned in "Me & My Boyfriend".
- Brentwood is also referenced in "Chemtrails Over the Country Club".
- The color blue is mentioned in many of Del Rey's songs, most notably "Nectar of the Gods", "Get Free", "God Knows I Tried", "Salvatore" and "Blue Jeans".
- Stars are also referenced in "Driving in Cars with Boys", "Every Man Gets His Wish", "Axl Rose Husband" and "Video Games".
- (Not) being jealous is also mentioned in "Jealous Girl" and "Venice Bitch".
- A Thunderbird is also mentioned in "Baby Blue Love".
- Single version — 5:04
- Album version — 5:03
- Lana Del Rey — songwriting, production, vocals
- Gabe Simon — songwriting, production, engineering, background vocals, acoustic guitar, guitar, bass, synth bass, keyboards, percussion, drum programming, piano, sound effects
- Dean Reid — production, additional production, engineering, mixing
- Zach Dawes — production, co-production
- John Congleton — engineering
- Jon Sher — engineering
- Mai Leisz — engineering
- Adam Ayan — mastering engineering
- Alex Tomkins — assistant recording engineering
- Ben Fletcher — assistant recording engineering
- Brian Rajaratnam — assistant recording engineering
- Melodye Perry — background vocals
- Greg Leisz — baritone guitar, pedal steel
- Darren Weiss — drums
- Griffin Goldsmith — drums