"Roses Bloom for You" is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. It was recorded in early 2017 and produced by Rick Nowels. The song was recorded for her fifth studio album and fourth major-label studio album, Lust for Life, but ultimately did not make the final tracklist.
Background and writing Edit
"Roses Bloom for You" was written during March 2017, and on June 3, 2017, Del Rey shared a video on her Instagram profile of herself recording the song in the studio with Rick Nowels, she captioned the video by saying: "So many songs left on the cutting room floor but this was a special one I wrote in March called 'Roses bloom for you'. I don't film all my live takes but I'm glad I got this one because I was very excited about the beautiful chords my producer Rick Nowels found for this gem." On the same day, she also posted another short snippet of the same recording session on her Instagram story. Both the snippets were later removed from her Instagram profile. On December 26, 2017, Del Rey shared another video on Instagram of herself listening to what seems to be a more finalized version of the song featuring different vocal takes.
- Roses are commonly mentioned in Del Rey's work, such as in "Guns and Roses", "Bel Air" and the song of the same name.
- Someone having an affair is indirectly referenced in "Cola" and "Other Woman".
- Lilacs are also mentioned in "Off to the Races".
- The phrase "love on my side" is similar to "true love on the side" from "True Love on the Side".
- ↑ Del Rey, Lana (June 3, 2017). "So many songs left on the cutting room floor...". Facebook.
- ↑ Vawdrey, Gisela L (December 26, 2017). "Lana Del Rey previews Roses Bloom For You on her Instagram post". YouTube. Access date: July 21, 2018. lanadelrey (December 26, 2017). "listening listening...". Instagram. [Deleted]