"Pin Up Galore" (also known as "Monster" and "Roller Dirby") is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. It was recorded in 2008 and the studio recording leaked on June 15, 2012. It is unknown who the song was produced by and it is unregistered on any music publishing sites.
Background[edit | edit source]
A snippet of a demo titled "Roller Dirby" leaked on December 4, 2016, and on December 5, 2016 the full version of the demo leaked. The producer of this version is Steven Mertens.
Live performances[edit | edit source]
Del Rey has performed the song live three known times throughout her career. The first known performance was on September 20, 2008 at The Mercury Lounge in Manhattan, New York, and the second known performance was at The National Underground on December 2, 2008. The final known / third performance was at Arlene's Grocery on February 3, 2009.
Cross-references[edit | edit source]
- Del Rey mentions the state New Jersey in "Hundred Dollar Bill" and a demo of "Motel 6".
- Decorative streamers are mentioned in the demo of "Trash Magic" and the line "I wanna die" is nearly melodically identical to the line "I wanna fly" from the same demo.
- Christmas in mentioned in "Smarty", "Be My Daddy", "Strangelove" and "Trash Magic".
- Del Rey sings about trailer park life in many songs, including "Yayo", "Backfire" and "Dangerous Girl".
- Tiaras are mentioned in the a cappella demo of "Carmen".
- Blue mascara is also mentioned in "Driving in Cars with Boys".
- The demo version of "Trash Magic", "I Talk to Jesus" and "1949" also reference Alabama.
- Reference to "Disco".
- Galore is mentioned in "Put Your Lips Together".
- American flags are also mentioned in "Boarding School".
- The colour teal is also referenced in "Axl Rose Husband".
Official versions[edit | edit source]
- Final version — 5:09
- "Roller Dirby" demo version — 2:12