On September 18, 2018, during an interview with Zane Lowe, Del Rey explained the back story behind the title track:
"So the title track is called "'Norman Fucking Rockwell'" and it's kind of about this guy who is such a genius artist but he thinks he’s the shit and he knows it and he like won't shut up talking about it."
On June 15, 2019, Del Rey posted a snippet of the song on her Instagram.
During an Instagram livestream on September 4, 2019, Del Rey revealed the track was originally titled "Bird World" and performed this version featuring different verses. She also said it is her favorite song on the album.
Del Rey shared a 2 minute clip of a music video for the track on August 31, 2019. It was shot by Chuck Grant and is apart of a 3-part video with "Bartender" and "Happiness Is a Butterfly". The video is set for release in October 2019.
- The color blue is also mentioned in many other Del Rey's songs, including "Old Money" and "Color Blue".
- Lana Del Rey — songwriting, production, vocals
- Jack Antonoff — songwriting, production, engineering, mixing, keyboards, piano
- Laura Sisk — engineering, mixing
- Jonathan Sher — assistant engineering
- Evan Smith — saxophone
- Phillip Peterson — baritone, cello, flugelbone
- Victoria Parker — violin
- Chris Gehringer — mastering
- Will Quinnell — assistant mastering
- Mastered at Sterling Sound
- Recorded at Conway Recording Studios, Los Angeles, United States / House of Breaking Glass, Seattle, United States
- Mixed at Conway Recording Studios, Los Angeles, United States
- ↑ Hussein, Wandera (September 18, 2018) "Lana Del Rey announces Norman Fucking Rockwell album, shares “Venice Bitch”"
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BywLYMmHWJ4/
- ↑ Lana Del Rey (@lanadelrey). “Norman fucking Rockwell Jack Antonoff. Video chuck grant”. 31 August 2019. Instagram. [Access date: 31 August 2019]
- ↑ Lana Del Rey (@Lana Del Rey). “Title track”. 31 August 2019. Twitter. [Access date: 31 August 2019]