"Is This Happiness" is a song by Lana Del Rey written with Rick Nowels. It was released on her second major-label studio album Ultraviolence, serving as a bonus track only available for purchase on the iTunes deluxe edition of the album.
Composition and critical reception
"Is This Happiness" is a stripped-back piano ballad with soft vocals and production. Kevin Rutherford of Radio.com referred to it as the "lightest and perhaps prettiest" song from Ultraviolence. Lyrically, the song is about weighing the good and bad that comes from a relationship.
- Hollywood is often mentioned in many of Del Rey's songs including "Hit & Run", "Hollywood's Dead", "Lust for Life", "Terrence Loves You" and the song of the same name.
- "Got your gun" is a phrase that also appears in "Cruel World" ("got your bible, got your gun") and "The Blackest Day" ("got my new car and my gun").
- Del Rey references her dad in "Cola", "Hope" and "Ride".
- Violet is also mentioned in "Cinnamon Girl" and "Valley of the Dolls".
- The phrase "you like to rage" also appears in demos 2 & 3 of "Beautiful People Beautiful Problems".
- Hills are also mentioned in "Arcadia"
- Album version — 3:44
- Clean version — 3:44