"Is It Wrong" (also known as "Is It Wrong?" or simply "Wrong") is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. It was recorded in 2010 and leaked on December 9, 2012. The song was written with Justin Broad and Paul Herman and produced by Herman. It is registered on BMI Repertoire, the Harry Fox Agency and International Standard Musical Work Code.
Background[edit | edit source]
A slightly different, alternate version leaked in lossless form on August 15, 2016. A snippet of a second version has also leaked, but is speculated to be a stem edit. Several vocal outtakes of the song leaked on November 29, 2018. The official instrumental leaked on April 23, 2019. An alternate version made from unleaked stems of the track surfaced June 21, 2019. A snippet of a version tagged as a rough demo surfaced January 24, 2020, but is speculated to be a stem edit.
A studio acapella version leaked on October 3, 2020.
Cross-reference[edit | edit source]
- References to rockstars can be found in "Match Made in Heaven" and "Big Bad Wolf", among other songs.
- Certain lyrics are duplicated in "Video Games".
- Del Rey repeats the line "if it's wrong, I don't wanna be right" in "Television Heaven".
- "Let's get it on" is also sung in "Kinda Outta Luck" and "Last Girl on Earth".
- "Check, one, two" is also used in "Making Out".
- Del Rey sings about a man with long hair in "For K, Pt. 2", "Gangsta Boy", "I Was in a Bad Way" and "My Momma".
- Del Rey sings about being a star in "Love Song" and "A Star for Nick".
- Playing guitar is also mentioned in "Groupie Love", "The Next Best American Record", "Brooklyn Baby" among others.
Official versions[edit | edit source]
- Studio version — 3:07
- Lossless version — 3:07
- Instrumental version — 3:08
- Stem edit — 3:07
- Studio acapella version – 3:04
Lyrics[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- BMI Repertoire #11965899
- Harry Fox Agency Songfile #I7354G
- ISWC T-912.668.888-8