"If You Lie Down with Me" is a song by Lana Del Rey, from her eighth studio album and seventh major-label studio album Blue Banisters. It was originally written in 2013 with her then-boyfriend Barrie-James O'Neill for Ultraviolence, it also features writing credits from Drew Erickson.
Though the song was originally written in 2013, it is presumed that the song was reworked and re-recorded for Blue Banisters.
- Lying down is mentioned in "Fucked My Way Up To The Top", "Joshy & I", "Ben" and also in the background vocals of "Ultraviolence".
- The 4th of July is also mentioned in "You Can Be the Boss", and the song of the same name.
- The chant in the chorus is similar to that of "American" and "I Talk to Jesus".
- Trucks are also mentioned in "Violets for Roses", "Kinda Outta Luck", "Bartender", and "Happiness Is a Butterfly".
- The phrase "we both know" also appears in "Honeymoon" and "Diet Mountain Dew".
- "Dance me all around the room" is also used in "Smarty".
- "Spinning like a ballerina" is also used in "Queen of Disaster".
- The line "Put your red boots on, baby giddy up" is similar to "Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me" from "Swan Song".
- Lana Del Rey — songwriting, production, vocals, horn arrangement
- Drew Erickson — songwriting, production, mixing, piano, horn arrangement, drums, drum programming, bass, Moog bass, Prophet, mellotron
- Barrie-James O'Neill — songwriting, additional production
- Michael Harris — engineering, mixing
- Dean Reid — acoustic guitar, engineering, mixing
- Jon Sher — assistant engineering
- Ben Fletcher — assistant engineering
- Adam Ayan — mastering
- Blake Cooper — tuba
- Dan Fornero — trumpets
- Dan Rosenboom — trumpets
- Wayne Bergeron — trumpets
- Loren Humphrey — drums