"Guns and Roses" is a song written and produced by Lana Del Rey and Rick Nowels, with co-production by Lee Foster. It was released on Del Rey's second major-label studio album Ultraviolence, serving as the second bonus track from the album.
- Del Rey has previously sung about front man Axl Rose of the band Guns N' Roses in the song "Axl Rose Husband".
- Heavy metal is also mentioned in "Smarty", "Mermaid Motel" and "Angels Forever, Forever Angels".
- Roses are frequently mentioned in Del Rey's songs, including "JFK", "Bel Air", "Stoplight De-Lite" and the song of the same name.
- Summer is a constant theme in Del Rey's work; most notably in "Summertime Sadness", "Summer Wine", "Summer of Sam" and "Summer Bummer".
- Las Vegas is also mentioned in "Off to the Races" and "Go Go Dancer".
- The line "I can feel it coming in the air tonight" is thematically similar to "there's something in the wind, I can feel it blowing in" from "Change".
Official versions Edit
- Album version — 4:30
- Instrumental version — 4:27
- Lana Del Rey — songwriting, production, vocals
- Rick Nowels — songwriting, production, keyboards
- Lee Foster — production, co-production
- Phil Joly — recording, mixing
- Vira Byramji — assitant recording, engineering
- Blake Stranathan — guitar
- Brian Griffin — drums
- John Davis — mastering
- Kieron Menzies — recording, engineering
- Trevor Yasuda — assitant recording, engineering