"Every Man Gets His Wish" (registered as "Everyman Has His Wish") is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. It was recorded in 2009 and produced by Crispin Hunt. It is registered with the Harry Fox Agency.
Background[edit | edit source]
Del Rey tweeted the song title to her Twitter account on April 8, 2009. A demo of the song leaked on September 25, 2012. A snippet of a final version was leaked on July 25, 2016, and a full but edited final version leaked on December 25, 2016. An acoustic version of the song is rumored to exist.
Cross-references[edit | edit source]
- The song is mostly lyrics and references to other Del Rey's unreleased songs. The first verse takes lyrics from "Daytona Meth", the pre-chorus uses the chorus from "1949", the chorus is also used in "Hawaiian Tropic", while the bridge references "I Learned How to Make Love from the Movies", "Ruby Tuesday", and it also includes lyrics from "Heartshaped Chevrolet".
- The song's bridge also appears in "I Learned How to Make Love from the Movies", as a chorus.
- Ruby Tuesday's is also mentioned in "I Learned How to Make Love from the Movies" and the demo version of "Hundred Dollar Bill".
- The pre-chorus is an interpolation from "1949".
- Certain lyrics are taken from "Hawaiian Tropic", "Heartshaped Chevrolet" and "Daytona Meth".
- A golden grill is also mentioned in "Live Forever" and "Velvet Crowbar".
- The phrase "brightest star" is used in "Prom Song (Gone Wrong)".
- The phrase "Hollywood and Vine" is also found in "Burning Desire" and "Happiness Is a Butterfly".
- The theme of paradise also appears in "Velvet Crowbar", "Dark Paradise", "Television Heaven", "Coca Colla" and the song of the same name.
- Del Rey being "born bad" is a subject in "Kinda Outta Luck".
- Heart-shaped sunglasses are mentioned in "Diet Mountain Dew".
- Whistling can be heard in "White Mustang".
Official versions[edit | edit source]
- Final version — Unknown
- Edited version — 4:28
- Demo version — 4:18
Lyrics[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- HFA Song Code: #E4508F