"Elvis" is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. It was recorded in 2008 and uploaded onto Del Rey's Myspace as she was using the stage name Sparkle Jump Rope Queen. The song was registered on ASCAP Ace Repertory during December 2017.
Usage in other media
In early 2018, a promotional poster for the film The King based on the life of Elvis Presley was released and revealed Del Rey would be making a musical appearance. On May 25, 2018, a Twitter fan account revealed that through contact with Oscilloscope Laboratories, the films distributor, Del Rey would lend the song for the film. On June 30, 2018, Del Rey confirmed that the song would be featured as part of the film.
- Elvis is mentioned in many of Del Rey songs, such as "Body Electric" and "Hollywood's Dead".
- Elvis is also referenced/shown in Del Rey's short film Tropico.
- Del Rey mentions the Chateau Marmont in "Heavy Hitter", "Off to the Races" and "She's Not Me", among many other songs.
- Champagne is mentioned in "Every Man Gets His Wish" and "Beautiful Player".
- Del Rey also sings about blue hydrangea in "Axl Rose Husband", "Greenwich" and "Old Money".
- Hope is also mentioned in "Hope Is a Dangerous Thing".
- Lace is also mentioned in "Go Go Dancer".
- "Thank you very much" was an Elvis Presley catchphrase used during his concerts. An excerpt of Elvis saying it is featured at the end of the song "Methamphetamines".