According to an article by Vulture, the documentary premiered at Tribeca Film Festival 2019 on April 28, 2019. Among the artists that sang Sublime covers during the documentary was also Del Rey, whose cover is featured during the film credits.
On May 6, 2019, All Access Music Group updated its list of radio impacting songs listing "Doin' Time" as a new release by Del Rey on May 20, 2019. The next day, Del Rey posted a video on Instagram with her singing the chorus and the caption saying "Coming Soon".
On May 15, 2019, Del Rey confirmed the song would be released on May 17, 2019.
The instrumental of the song leaked online on September 3, 2019. The songs official TV Track surfaced November 3, 2019.
To promote the single, Del Rey changed the profile and cover pictures from all social media accounts with the cover' artwork and banners. In addition, a clean version of the song was sent to radios and Universal Music Group offered it as a free download for a week, starting on May 27, 2019.
A promotional video lasting 15 seconds was used to promote the cover on Spotify.
"Doin' Time" was performed live for the first time on June 22, 2019 at Malahide Castle & Gardens in Dublin, Ireland as part of the Festival Tour. Del Rey also performed it live for BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge, alongside a cover of "Break Up with Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" during July 2019, released September 9, 2019.
Taken during Del Rey's performance by the house Radio 1 Live Lounge photographer.
Music video Edit
|Released||August 29, 2019|
|Producer||Justin Diener, Clark Jackson|
|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Vevo views||33+ Million views|
Behind the scenesEdit
- Album version — 3:22
- Single version — 3:17
- Radio edit — 3:22
- Instrumental version — 3:16
- TV Track version — 3:22
- Bradley James Nowell — songwriting
- Rick Rubin — songwriting
- Adam Keefe Horovitz — songwriting
- Adam Nathaniel Yauch — songwriting
- Marshall Raymond Goodman — songwriting
- Ira Gershwin — songwriting
- DuBose Heyward — songwriting
- Dorothy Heyward — songwriting
- George Gershwin — songwriting
- Lana Del Rey — vocals
- Andrew Watt — production, recording, guitar, mixing, programming
- Happy Perez — production
- Paul LaMalfa — engineering, recording, mixing
- Eric Wilson — bass guitar
- Josh Freese — drums
- Bud Gaugh — drums
- Gale Levant — harp
- Dave Kutch — mastering
- Mastered at The Mastering Palace, New York, United States
- Recorded and Tracked at Gold Tooth Music, Los Angeles, United States / SARM Studios, London, United Kingdom
- Buy/stream "Doin' Time"
- ↑ Fitzmaurice, Larry (April 30, 2019) "Tribeca’s Sublime Doc Mostly Misses the Point"
- ↑ https://www.allaccess.com/triple-a/future-releases
- ↑ Lana Del Rey on Instagram: "Coming Soon @sublime"
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfmMT9BXBP/