"Color Blue" (or "The Color Blue" and also known as "Wild on You") is the unofficial title of an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. The official title and producer of the song is unknown as it is not registered on BMI, ASCAP, or any other service.
The song was recorded in 2013 and comes from the same session as "Cherry Blossom".
On May 1, 2019, a snippet was leaked on a Tumblr account. The full song was leaked minutes later. The Tumblr account which posted the song could not confirm the official title of the track and claimed that it had never been given a name by Del Rey or the producer. The full instrumental leaked on June 5, 2019.
Some fans speculate that the track is called and has been registered under "Wild One", however this is not explicitly clear, nor has it been officially confirmed.
- There is a direct reference to the song "Cruel World", which also appears in "Cherry Blossom".
- Direct reference to "Heroin".
- The phrase "fucking crazy" is also found in "Is This Happiness", "Ride" and "Cruel World".
- "School kid dreams" is similar to "we were two kids", found in both "Damn You" and "Without You".
- "School kid dreams came true" is similar to "American dreams came true" from "Radio".
- Getting high is a common theme in Del Rey songs, like "Born to Die" and "Florida Kilos", among others.
- California is also mentioned in "God Knows I Tried" and "Freak".
- Blue things are also mentioned in "Old Money" and "Serial Killer".
- Del Rey references past song "Born to Die" during "once I found my way, but now I'm lost", wherein she sings "lost but now I am found".
- The color blue itself is referenced in numerous songs by Del Rey.
- Studio version — 4:24
- Instrumental version — 4:25