"Cherry Blossom" is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. It was produced by Fabrizio Argiolas in 2013 and leaked on May 1, 2019. The song is rumored to be in consideration for release on Del Rey's upcoming album, Blue Banisters.
The song was recorded in 2013 and three takes were done. It comes from the same session as "Color Blue".
On June 18, 2016, Del Rey posted a video of herself singing an a cappella snippet of the song on Instagram. She captioned the post saying: "It’s so hot out today and all the birds are singing. I was reminded of a lullaby I wrote years ago called Cherry Blossom".
On May 1, 2019, a snippet of the final version was leaked on a video via Instagram, but it was quickly deleted. The full version leaked minutes later on a Tumblr account. The official instrumental leaked on May 4, 2019. The first take leaked on February 21, 2020. The second take leaked on October 23, 2020 and it features a slightly different instrumental. High quality files of versions 1 and 3 leaked on October 24, 2020. The acapella leaked on November 7, 2020. The full session of 18 stems leaked on November 16, 2020.
On March 22, 2021, Del Rey referenced the song in an Instagram post with the caption "Swing it high Angelina on your sycamore tree". Del Rey reposted her picture to Twitter the same day, with a longer caption that included the next line "What you don't tell no one you can tell me". These posts sparked rumors that the song will feature on her upcoming album Blue Banisters.
- The phrase "tall, tan" also appears in "American".
- Direct reference to "Afraid".
- Jesus is also mentioned in "Body Electric", the demo version of "Trash Magic", "I Talk to Jesus", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Mariners Apartment Complex" and "Tulsa Jesus Freak".
- There is a direct reference to "Cruel World", which also appears in "Color Blue", "Hollywood's Dead" and is also used in the live introduction for "Cola".
- Cherries are also mentioned in the song of the same name, "Carmen", "Blue Madonna", and "Black Beauty".
- The word "ghost" is also used in "Elvis", while the word "spirits" used in "Raise Me Up" could also be used to describe the same thing.
- Being wild is also mentioned in "Wild on You" ,"Never Let Me Go" and "Wild at Heart".
- Dandelions are also mentioned in the poem "Violet bent backwards over the grass".
- Lemonade is also mentioned in "Ultraviolence", "Music to Watch Boys To", "Trash Magic" and the poem "What Happened When I Left You".
- Take 1 — 3:14
- Take 2 — 3:16
- Take 3 — 3:17
Take 1 version
Take 2 version
Take 3 version
A cappella version
- Del Rey, Lana. (2016). "It's so hot out today and all the birds are singing. I was reminded of a lullaby I wrote years ago called Cherry Blossom". Instagram. [Access date June 19, 2016]
- Lana Del Rey (@lanadelrey). "Swing it high Angelina on your sycamore tree". Instagram. [Access date 22 March 2021]
- Lana Del Rey (@lanadelrey). "Swing it high Angelina on your sycamore tree What you don’t tell no one you can tell me". Twitter. [Access date 25 March 2021]