The song was first announced on the Arabic streaming service, Anghami, on May 13, 2017 and it was officially released on May 15. Prior to the release, an edited version of the song was leaked online.
Del Rey wrote the song and posted a video of herself on Instagram singing a snippet of it on April 17, 2017. She recorded the video as she was leaving the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in California, and she captioned the video saying:
“I'm not gonna lie- I had complex feelings about spending the weekend dancing whilst watching tensions w North Korea mount. I find It's a tightrope between being vigilantly observant of everything going on in the world and also having enough space and time to appreciate God's good earth the way it was intended to be appreciated. On my way home I found myself compelled to visit an old favorite place of mine at the rim of the world highway where I took a moment to sit down by the sequoia grove and write a little song. I just wanted to share this in hopes that one individual's hope and prayer for peace might contribute to the possibility of it in the long run. Hope everyone has a nice day, with love from California”.After the song was officially released worldwide, Del Rey posted a note on social media about the song that said: "What a blessing it is to make music in general. And to have the freedom to put songs out about things that move me in real time. I wrote one this last month on my way back from Coachella. Thank you to my producer and engineers for fixing it up so quickly. Hope you like it".
Referencias a otras cancionesEditar
- Woodstock es mencionado en "Ultraviolence".
- El cabello largo de Del Rey también es mencionado en "Ridin'" y "Lolita".
- Heaven (cielo) es mencionado en canciones como "Television Heaven" y "Match Made In Heaven", entre otras.
- Lana Del Rey – vocals, songwriting, production
- Rick Nowels – songwriting, production, celesta, mellotron, synthesizer programmer
- Dean Reid – engineering, mixing, drums, bass guitar, flute, synthesizer programmer
- Kieron Menzies – engineering, mixing, production, drums, keyboard, magnetic tape realization, percussion
- Chris Garcia - engineering
- Trevor Yasuda – engineering, keyboard
- Adam Ayan – mastering engineer
|Chart (2017)|| Peak|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||84|
Enlaces externos Editar
- Buy/stream "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind"